Purpose of Staining
Staining is very useful for the following reasons:
· To make the microscopic semi transparent microbial cell visible.
· To reveal the size and shape of microorganisms.
· To demonstrate the presence of internal and external structures of microbial cells.
· To distinguish between different types of microorganisms.
· To produce specific chemical and physical reactions.
· To preserve the stained microorganisms as specimen slide.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.