![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Social Science : Economics
EMPLOYMENT IN INDIA AND TAMILNADU
1. Make a long list of all kinds of work that you find adults around you. In what way can you classify them? (For Students)
2. A research scholar looked at the working people in the city of Chennai and found the following :
3. Classify the following list of
occupations under primary, secondary and tertiary sectors.
Milk vendor, tailor, teacher, doctor, farmer, postman, engineer, potter, fisherman, artisans, policeman, banker, driver, carpenter.
Primary Sector: Former, Fisherman
Secondary Sector: Potter, Artisans, Carpenter, Tailor
Tertiary Sector”: Teacher, Doctor, Postman, Policeman, Banker, Driver, Engineer, Milk Vendor
1. Tertiary sector is in top position in the world now. Justify.
• The tertiary sector is the service industry. This sector provides services to the general population and to businesses.
• Activities associated with this sector include insurance, banking services, health care, transportation, communication, retail, wholesale entertainment etc.
• There is an impressive expansion of job opportunities in the service sector in our country.
• In most developed countries, a growing proportion of workers are in the tertiary sector.
• In the United States of America more than 80% of the labour force is tertiary workers.
• Tertiary sector is becoming increasingly important in world economy.
Discuss the sectors of your village economy.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.