Principles of Placement
Following principles are followed at the time of placement of an employee:
1. Job First, Man Next
Man should be placed on the job according to the requirements of the job. There is no compromise on the requirements or qualifications of the man with respect to job. “Job first Man next” should be principles of Placement.
2. Job Offer
The job should be offered to the man based on his qualification.
3. Terms and conditions
The employee should be made conversant with the conditions and culture prevailing in the organization and all those things relating to the job.
4. Aware about the Penalties
The employee should also be made aware of the penalties if he / she commits a wrong or lapse.
5. Loyalty and Co-operation
When placing new recruit on the job, an effort should be made to develop a sense of loyalty and co-operation in him, so that he/ she may realise his/her responsibilities better towards the job and the organization.
Placement is not an easy process. It is very difficult for an new employee, who cannot be expected to be not familiar with the job and environment. For this reason, the employee is generally put on a probation/trial period ranging from one year to two years. After completion of the probation period, if the employee shows a better performance, he/she is confirmed at the job as a regular employee of the organization.
For Future learning
1. Know the job selection methods in TamilNadu government
2. Collection of job application related to different types job.
3. Student should know about the skilled and unskilled workers.
4. Students should know how to apply and fill up the job application
Application, Blank, Structured, Turnover, Placement, Job Offer, Loyalty, Recruitment, Evaluation, Relocation, Aptitude, Attitude, Personality
For own Thinking
1. How will you prepare your Resume and Application?
2. Find out any 5 Selection interview questions.
3. Student should arrange face to face interview
4. To Identify the Placement process
5. Student should visit a nearby organization and observe the selection interview.