![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Principles of Baking
Baking is a heating process in which many reactions occur at different rates. Some of these reactions include the following:
· Evolution and expansion of gases.
· Coagulation of gluten and eggs.
· Gelatinization of starch.
· Partial dehydration from evaporation of water.
· Development of flavours.
· Changes of colour due to Maillard browning reactions between milk, glu-ten and egg proteins with reducing sug-ars, as well as other chemical changes.
· Crust formation.
· Crust darkening from Maillard brown-ing reactions and caramelization of sugars.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.