![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Post office plays a vital role in incoming and outgoing correspondence.
Some of the important services rendered by a post office are:
1. Money Order: All post offices provide remittance facilities to the public by means of money order. The money order form should be filled in within the name and address of the addressee, remittance and is to be presented to a post office along with the money and money order commission. The post office issues a receipt for the same.
2. Postal Orders: Postal orders are issued by post office as a part of their remittance service. These orders are issued in all denominations from fifty paise to rupees hundred. Commission is charged by the post office where they are issued. Payment can be made and received by the holder on presentation of the order at the mentioned post office in India. The postal order is valid for a period of six months from the last day of the month of the issue. During this period it can be presented for payment.
3. Insured Post: The currency note or Valuable documents can be sent through post office by using insured cover. The insured cover comprises documents. Currency notes must be sealed with an indicator for the amount for which the article is insured, both in words and figures must be mentioned. An Acknowledgement of delivery form is filled and submitted. The prescribed fee for insurance is required to be paid according to the value insured for.
4. Mail and Telegraphic Transfer: Mail transfer is an order to make payment, drawn by one branch of bank upon another branch and the order is sent by airmail post. If the order is sent by telegraph it is called telegraphic transfer.
5. Letter Correspondence Service: The most economical service rendered by the post office is that of a mail and parcel services. Ensuring prompt, regular and speedy postal services are vital functions to industry and commerce. Regular Postal services comprises of delivering letters, post cards, printed matters and parcels.
6. Message Sending Facilities (Telegram, Telex, etc.,): Post offices also provide facilities such as telephone, telex, telegram, etc., through which messages are sent throughout the world.
7. Value Payable Post (VPP): Business firms can avail facility to send articles to their customers and recover the value of the same. Only registered articles can be sent under VPP including letter, parcels, books, and newspapers etc., Post office collects the amount together with VPP commission from the addressee and remits the same to the sender.
8. Speed Post: Any urgent communication can be sent through speed post. This is one of the special services rendered by the post office. Important letters, valuable medicines, Demand draft (DD) are some of the items sent through speed post.
9. Post Box: The Post boxes are available for rent in all big post office with two keys. One remains with post master and other is handed over to the hirer. A number is allotted for each box. All letters which bear the box number shall be placed into the box. The hirer or the authorized person can go to the post office at any time during working hours and open the box and clear it.
10. Post Bags: Post bags are safer than post boxes. Under this arrangement, the post office supplies a bag with lock and duplicate key. The original key will be kept with the post master. All the postal articles addressed to the firm or the person will be placed inside the bag by the postal workers and locked. The messenger of the hirer can get the bag across the counter of the post office.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.