Functions of a Secretary:
The functions of secretary depends upon the size and nature of organization he serves. The position of a secretary is that of an office executive. She/he also acts as a liaison officer, advisor to management, administrative assistant etc. His duties are as follows
1. Supervise, co-ordinate and control clerical work of the organization.
2. Selection, appointment and assignment of office work to the staff.
3. Maintanence office Discipline.
4. Writing and receiving letters on behalf of the management.
5. Keeping a record of important phone numbers.
6. Handling staff matters.
7. Acting as a link between management and staff.
Maintaining public relations (i.e.) informing the public about the activities of the organization.
The role of the secretary is to support the chairman in ensuring the smooth functioning of the managing committee. In summary, the secretary is responsible for proper meetings, preparing minutes of the meetings, and maintaining effective records and administration.