Points to Remember
* The organisms which can be seen only with the help of microscope are called microorganisms.
* Virus show both living and non living characteristics.
* Bacteria is a prokaryotic, single celled organism.
* Fungi is a eukaryotic, non-photosynthetic, spore-forming organism. They range from single celled organisms to very complex multicellular organisms.
* Algae is a single-celled or multicellular eukaryotic, photosynthetic organism
* Protozoa is a eukaryotic, single celled organism that usually lacks chlorophyll.
1. Antibiotic A chemical that kills or inhibits the growth of micro organism and is used totreat infections.
2. Bacteria A prokaryotic, single celled organism.
3. Capsid The protein coat surrounding a virus.
4. Fermentation Conversion of organic compounds such as carbohydrate into simpler substances bymicrobes, usually under anaerobic conditions (with no oxygen present).
5. Hyphae A very fine thread that is the basic structure of fungi.
6. Microorganism A small living thing which includes bacteria, protozoa, algae, fungi and viruses.
7. Pathogen An organism that causes disease.
8. Vaccine A special type of medicine that is given to both people and animals to artificially increase immunity to a particular disease and to prevent an infectious disease from developing.
1. Ananthnarayan and Panicker’s-Textbook of Medical Microbiology. Edited by C. K.J.Panicker.
2. Essential Microbiology - Stuart Hogg.
3. Textbook of Microbiology - Surinder Kumar.
1. h t t p s : / / e n . w i k i p e d i a . o r g / w i k i / Microorganism
2. https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/ agricultural-and-biological-sciences/ microorganisms
This activity enables the students to know about the Classification of Micro organisms
* Open the Browser and type the given URL (or) Scan the QR Code.
* Options will be given. Select the “Classification of Microorganisms”
* Click and touch the button slides one by one
* To know about the “Classification of Microorganisms”
(or) scan the QR Code