It is the stopping of menstrual period permanently and ends of a woman’s reproductive life. It is said to have stabilized after two years of absence.
It is characterized by the gradual cessation of menstruation, the period first becoming irregular and then ceasing altogether.
The usual age for the menopause is between 45 and 50 years.
· Hot flushes due to sudden release of blood vessels
· Emotional changes
· Excessive / tendency to / gain weight
· Appearance of signs of aging
· Softening of long bones
Cause: Hormonal changes due to aging of the ovaries takesplace during this period and Climacteric changes (hormones) also occurs during this time.
Post menopausal bleeding must be investigated for cancer. Artificial menopause may be brought about by hystrectomy, trauma to ovaries by irradiation or deep X- ray exposure of the pelvis.
· Support the patient by proper explanation about menopause
· If symptoms are severe advice to see the doctor
· Advice about the diet to be low in carbohydrate and have adequate sleep during the night.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.