![if !IE]> <![endif]>
• The steam coming out at a very high velocity through the nozzle impinges on the blades fixed on the periphery of rotor.
• The blades change the di rection of steam flow without change in pressur e.
• The resulting force caus es the rotation of the turbine. E.g Pelton wheel.
• The high pressure steam from the boiler is passed through the nozzles.
• When the steam comes out through these nozzles, the velocity of steam increases relative to the rotating di sc.
COMPARISION BETWEEN IMPULSE AND REACTION TURBINE :
It consists of nozzles and moving blades
Steam is expanded completely in the nozzle. All the pre ssure energy is converted into kine tic energy
Pressure of steam is constant over the moving blades.
Because of high pressure drop in the nozzles, blade spee d and steam speed are high.
Occupies less space per unit power
It consists of fixed bla des which act as nozzles and moving blades
Steam is partially expa nded in the fixed blades. Some amount of pressure energy is con verted into kinetic energy
Pressure drop takes pla ce in the moving blades.
Because of small pressure drop, blade speed and steam speed are less.
Occupies more space p er unit power.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.