DIESEL POWER PLANT
1 WORKING OF DIESEL POWER PLANT:
• Air from atmosphere is drawn into the compressor and is compressed.
• The compressed air is sent to diesel engine through filter.
• In the filter, dust, dirt from air are filtered and only clean air is sent to diesel engine.
• Fuel oil from tank is passed through filter where it gets filtered and clean oil is injected into the diesel engine through fuel pump and fuel injector
• Mixture of compressed air and spray of fuel oil are ignited into the engine and combustion takes place.
• The heat energy is utilized for driving the generator, which produces power.
2 MAIN COMPONENTS OF A DIESEL POWER PLANT:
1. Fuel Supply system
It consists of fuel tank, fuel filter and fuel pump and injector.
2. Air Intake and Exhaust system
It consists of compressor, filter and pipes for the supply of air and pipes for exhaust gases. In the exhaust system silencer is provided to reduce the noise.
3. Cooling system
Circulates water around the Diesel engines to keep the temp at reasonably low level.
4. Lubricating system
It includes lubricating oil tank, pump, filters and lubricating
5. Starting system
For initial starting the devices used are compressed air, battery, electric motor or self-starter.