1. Life expectancy: average number of years a person is expected to live.
2. Global warming: unusual increase of earth’s temperature due to the heat trapped in the atmosphere by green house gases.
3. Arable land : land under cultivation.
4. Social Norms: Pattern of behavior in a particular group, community, or culture, accepted as normal and to which an individual is accepted to conform.
5. Overpopulation: population exceeding the carrying capacity of its ecological niche.
6. Worldometers: show estimated current numbers based on statistics and projections from the most reputable official organization.
7. Census: an official count or survey, especially of a population.
8. Gender equality: It is the vision that men and women should be treated equally in social, economic and all other aspects of society, and to not be discriminated against on the basis of their gender.
9. Sustainable development: is a way for people to use resources without the resources running out.
10. Population explosion: a sudden, large increase in the size of a population.
This activity enables the students to enrich themselves with POPULATION and increasing rate of the world population. As it has many options it helps you explore many topics like what was the population when you were born etc……..
* Type the URL link given below in the browser or scan the QR code. A page opens with three options on the bar. Select the games options.
* It opens with five options on the side. You can select any one. Here the description is given for“Population and Me”.
* It opens to another page. Click the word “Let’s Go”
* When you select this it opens with the world map with three options. “POPULATION CHANCE”,“ MY BIRTH COHORT” & “ MY PLACE IN THE POPULATION”
* Each option gives it’s own information regarding population. You have to fill your age in the given place. My Birth Cohort gives you an idea on how many children were born on the same year in World as well as Asia.
* Like wise all the three options will give you various informations.
*Pictures are indicative only