1. Find the angle of elevation of the top of a tower from a point on the ground, which is 30 m away from the foot of a tower of height 10√3 m.
2. A road is flanked on either side by continuous rows of houses of height 4√3 m with no space in between them. A pedestrian is standing on the median of the road facing a row house. The angle of elevation from the pedestrian to the top of the house is 30°. Find the width of the road.
3. To a man standing outside his house, the angles of elevation of the top and bottom of a window are 60° and 45° respectively. If the height of the man is 180 cm and if he is 5 m away from the wall, what is the height of the window? (√3 = 1.732)
4. A statue 1.6 m tall stands on the top of a pedestal. From a point on the ground, the angle of elevation of the top of the statue is 60° and from the same point the angle of elevation of the top of the pedestal is 40° . Find the height of the pedestal. (√3 = 1.732)
5. A flag pole ‘h’ metres is on the top of the hemispherical dome of radius ‘r’ metres. A man is standing 7 m away from the dome. Seeing the top of the pole at an angle 45° and moving 5 m away from the dome and seeing the bottom of the pole at an angle 30° . Find (i) the height of the pole (ii) radius of the dome. (√3 = 1.732)
6. The top of a 15 m high tower makes an angle of elevation of 60° with the bottom of an electronic pole and angle of elevation of 30° with the top of the pole. What is the height of the electric pole?
7. A vertical pole fixed to the ground is divided in the ratio 1:9 by a mark on it with lower part shorter than the upper part. If the two parts subtend equal angles at a place on the ground, 25 m away from the base of the pole, what is the height of the pole?
8. A traveler approaches a mountain on highway. He measures the angle of elevation to the peak at each milestone. At two consecutive milestones the angles measured are 4° and 8° . What is the height of the peak if the distance between consecutive milestones is 1 mile. (tan 4° = 0.0699, tan 8° = 0. 1405)
2. 24 m
3. 3.66 m
4. 1.5 m
5.(i) 7 m (ii) 16.39 m
6. 10 m
7. 100√5 m
8. 0.14 mile (approx)