![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Effects of Global warming :-
1. Due to the warming of oceans, sea level will rise. Glacier ice will also melt, causing further rise in sea level. As a result in the 21st century sea level will rise from 9 to 88 cm. Such a rise will submerge many parts of countries.
2. Seasons will be longer in some areas.
3. The warmed world will be generally more humid and greater humidity will increases the rainfall.
4. Storms are expected to be more frequent and intense.
5. Some regions of the world would become dry.
6. Wind blows will be harder and in different patterns. Hurricane would be more severer.
7. Weather patterns would be less prediclable and more extreme.
8. Crops and forests may be affected by more insects and plant diseases.
9. Animals and plants will find it difficult to adjust to the changed environment. Animals will tend to migrate toward the poles and toward higher elevations.
10. Some types of forests may disappear.
11. More people will get sick or die from heat stress.
12.Tropical diseases such as malaria, dengue fever, yellow fever and encephalitis will spread to other parts of the world.
Two major ways are there to control global warming: 1. to keep the carbon-dioxide out of the atmosphere by storing the gas or its carbon component somewhere else, a strategy called carbon sequestration. 2. to reduce the production of green house gases.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.