![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Compressible as compared to liquids and solids
* Let us take three identical syringes. Close the nozzles tightly with a cork.
* After removing the plunger first let us fill it with fine chalk powder. Now put the plunger back and try to press it down. What do you observe?
* Now let us fill the second one with water. Try pressing the plunger down. What do you observe?
* Let us now draw the piston back to suck air into the third one. Press the plunger down. What do we observe? Is it easy or hard to press?
* Record your observations and share among the group members.
* You would have observed that the plunger moved freely when air was present and in the case of water and chalk powder it was difficult to press and the piston hardly moved.
We conclude that gases are highly compressible as compared to liquids and solids.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.