![if !IE]> <![endif]>
SCHEDULE OF RATES
In order to determine the rate of a particular item, the factors affecting the rate of that item are studied carefully and then finally a rate is decided for that item. This process of determining the rates of an item is termed as analysis of rates or rate analysis.
The rate of particular item of work depends on the following.
1. Specifications of works and material about their quality, proportion and constructional Operation method.
2. Quantity of materials and their costs.
3. Cost of labours and their wages.
4. Location of site of work and the distances from source and conveyance charges.
5. Overhead and establishment charges
1 PROCEDURE OF RATE ANALYSIS
Cost of materials at source and at site of construction.
The costs of materials are taken as delivered at site inclusive of the transport local taxes and other charges.
Purpose of Analysis of rates:
1. To work out the actual cost of per unit of the items.
2. To work out the economical use of materials and processes in completing the particulars item.
3. To work out the cost of extra items which are not provided in the contract bond, but are to be done as per the directions of the department.
4. To revise the schedule of rates due to increase in the cost of material and labour or due to change in technique.
2.REQUIREMENT OF LABOUR AND MATERIALS
Cost of labour -types of labour, standard schedule of rates
The labour can be classified in to
1) Skilled 1st class
2) Skilled IInd Class
3) un skilled
The labour charges can be obtained from the standard schedule of rates 30% of the skilled labour provided in the data may be taken as Ist class, remaining 70% as II class. The rates of materials for Government works are fixed by the superintendent Engineer for his circle every year and approved by the Board of Chief Engineers. These rates are incorporated in the standard schedule of rates.
The distance between the source of availability of material and construction site is known as "Lead " and is expected in Km. The cost of convenayce of material depends on lead. This statement will give the total cost of materials per unit item. It includes first cost, convenayce loading, unloading stacking, charges etc. The rate shown in the lead statement are for mettalled road and include loading and staking charges. The environment lead on the metalled roads are arrived by multiplying by a factor
a) for metal tracks - lead x 1.0
b) For cartze tracks - Lead x 1.1 c) For Sandy tracks - lead x 1.4 Note: For 1m3 wet concrete = 1.52m3 dry concrete approximately SP.Wt of concrete= 1440 kg/m3 (or) 1.44 t/m3
1 bag of cement = 50 Kg
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.