![if !IE]> <![endif]>
V. Answer the questions briefly
1. List out the contribution of the moderates.
• The moderates conducted hail meetings and they discussed the problems of the country in English.
• They conducted mass public meetings and used vernacular languages to address the larger public.
2. Write a note on the Tirunelveli Uprising.
• V.O.C. and Subramania Siva organised public meetings to celebrate the release of Bipin. So they were arrested and sentenced to rigorous irnprisionment.
• The arrest of these leaders sparked riots in Tirunelvely.
• Police station, court building and municipal office were burnt.
• The police shot dead four people.
• The leaders were arrested.
3. What is the contribution of Annie Besant to India's freedom struggle?
• Annie Besant started Home Rule League in 1916 and carried forward the demand for Home rule all over India.
• She and her supporters demanded Home rule with only a nominal allegiance to British Crown.
• She started the newspaper New India and Commonweal to carry forward her agenda.
• She wrote two books "How India wrought for freedom" and "India: A Nation''.
• People were drawn into the stream of freedom struggle.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.