Advantage of Electric Heating
There are various methods of heating a material, but electric heating is considered to be far superior for the following reasons:
1. The electric heating system is free from dirt. It is a clean system requiring minimum cost of cleaning.
2. The system does not produce any flue gas. Since no flue gasses is produced in electric heating, no provision has to be made for their exit.
3. Simple and accurate temperature control can be made either by manual or fully automatic switches.
4. Electric heating is economical as electric furnaces are cheaper in initial cost as well in maintenance cost.
5. Automatic protection against over currents or over heating can be provided through suitable switch-gears.
6. Special type of heating can be done very accurately by electric heating syatem.
7. The overall efficiency of electric heating is much higher.
8. Electric heating system provides better working conditions (Since this system produces no irritating noise and also the radiating losses are low).
9. Electric heating is quite safe and responds quickly.
10. There is no upper limit to the temperature obtainable except the ability of the material to withstand heat.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.