water quality management:
WHOLE SOME WATER - Absolutely pure water is never found in nature absolutely pure water is the water which contains 2parts of H and 1part of oxygen by volume but the water found in nature contains a number of impurities in varying amounts. The rain water which is originally pure also absorbs various gases dost and other impurities while falling. This water when moves on ground picks up silt, agonic and inorganic impurities. Complete, removal of these impurities becomes costly and on other hand, certain impurities cause the water tasteful and our body needs certain elements and if no present in water their removal is not necessary such a water which does not contain harmful impurities and thus contain other salts and impurities either good or unharmful to health is called wholesome or potable water
Following are the requirements of wholesome water
1. Should be free from bacteria?s which may cause diseases.
2. Should be colourless and sparkling which may be accepted by the public
3. It should be tasty, adourfree and cool.
4. Should not corrode pipes
5. Should be free from all objectionable matter.
6. Should have dissolved oxygen (DO) and free from carbonic acid so that it may remain.
Copyright © 2018-2021 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. (BS) Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.