N. Work in groups and write a paragraph on “ Laughter is the best medicine.”
Use the hints
Ask students to write a topic sentence. It clearly indicates what the whole paragraph is going to be about.
e.g: Laughter is the best medicine.
The internal or supporting information
Let students compose several supporting sentences that give more information about the topic.
e.g: It can relieve us from any kind of stress. Life has become monotonous...too busy to pay heed to our health...stressful work schedules...
Instruct students on ways to write a concluding sentence that restates the topic sentence.
e.g: In general....To conclude...Thus....To sum up...Therefore…It is important to have sense of humour.
O. Look at the cartoon strips. Create your own humorous story.
Write a sentence or two for each frame of the comic strip in the space given.
1. Two friends went for a walk. They were talking.
2. They reached the edge of the land. All of a sudden they fell down the edge.
3. They fell down under a coconut tree.
4. They got up. At once two coconuts fell down one on each man's head.
5. The men screamed in pain. There were swellings on their heads.
6. The two friends took the coconuts and cut off their top. Using straws they sucked the sweet water from the coconut.