![if !IE]> <![endif]>
THE INDIAN DIETETIC ASSOCIATION - ACTIVITIES
The Indian Dietetic Association (IDA) was founded with C. Gopalan as president and Kalyan Bagchi as secretary in 1963 with a band of nutritionists, dietitians and medical scientists who were resolved to deal with problems concerning nutrition and to highlight the importance of dietetics and nutrition in the maintenance of health and also in the prevention and treatment of disease. Their objectives were to -
1. Encourage nutrition education
2. Promote teaching, research and training in the field of dietetics and nutrition and
3. Safeguard the interests and welfare of the dietitians.
Aims and objectives of the Association
1. Promote research, extension work and continuing education in the field of dietetics and nutrition.
2. Publish a scientific journal titled 'Applied Nutrition'.
3. Conduct Registration Examination, to prepare dietitians to start their own private practice.
4. Conduct the annual convention of IDA.
5. Safeguard the interests of the members of the Indian Dietetic Association.
6. Promote interaction with dietetic associations abroad.
Activities of the Association
1. To organize seminars and lectures in which eminent scientists from India and abroad participate.
2. The annual conventions are a forum for the dissemination of knowledge.
3. Some of the seminars organized at this time are
4. Widening frontiers in nutrition education.
5. Combining malnutrition with subsidary foods.
6. Nutrition education from the primary school to the postgraduate level.
7. Curriculum construction - framing of core syllabus for dietetics.
8. Dietary management of diseases.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.