* To know that all living things are made up of cells
* To observe the cell structure using microscope
* To understand the structure of cell
* To explain the components of a cell
* To understand the structural difference between animal and plant cell
Observe the two pictures given above. Do you observe any similarity between them?
Close your eyes and imagine a brick wall. What is the basic building block of the wall? A single brick, of course.
Like a brick wall, your body is composed of basic building blocks, and are named as “Cells”.
The cell is the basic structural and functional unit of every living organism.
The cell is self-sufficient to carry out all the fundamental and essential functions of an organism.