Plant cell and Animal cell
Both plant and animals are made up of cells. Both cells are eukaryotic in nature, having a well defined membrane – bound nucleus.
1. Plant cell
* It is usually larger in size. It is hard in nature.
* Plant cell have a cell wall in addition to their cell membrane.
* Plant cell have chloroplast which contain chlorophyll
* Plant cells have large vacuoles. Centrioles are absent.
2. Animal cell
* Animal cells are generally smaller than plant cells. It is not so hard as plant cell.
* A cell wall is absent.
* Chloroplast is usually absent.
* An animal cell may have many small vacuoles.
* Centrioles are found in animal cells.
3 Dimension - cell structure
1. How does a cell look like?
2. What is its shape and size?
The above cell has a three dimensional view. We can see the three sides of the cell structure. You can also view the size, shape and location on the organelles of the cell also.
3-D view is appealing because it is more like reality.
In 3-D, We can see the entire view of the cell. It exposes the accurate size and shape and shows the correct location of the cell organelles.
To rectify the variation between 2-D shape and 3-D shape.
Polythene bag, water, marble ball (golli gundu)
Take a polythene bag with water. Put a marble ball into the polythene bag. Then draw a picture in your note book about this task.
If you draw a picture in round shape.
It will be called 2-Dimenstional picture.
If you draw a picture in spherical shape it is called 3-dimenstional.
Now you understand your misconceptions. So the animal cells are spherical in shape and structure, not in a round shape.
Cell components and their functions