● Information collected is known as data.
● First-hand information is called primary data.
● The data collected by someone else is called secondary data.
● The data collected is organized usually in a tally
● The organized data can be represented using a pictograph
or a bar graph.
● A pictograph is the representation of data through
pictures of objects.
● A bar graph consists of parallel bars (horizontal
or vertical) whose length corresponds to the number of items.
●The pictographs and the bar graphs are interpreted
to answer the questions on data.