* To understand the necessity to collect the data.
* To organise collected data using tally marks.
* To understand the need for scaling in pictographs.
* To draw pictographs and interpret them.
* To draw bar graphs and interpret them.
Count the objects in the following figure and complete the table that follows:
From the given Fig 5.1 and the table, answer the following questions.
(i) The total number of objects in the above picture is 24.
(ii) The difference between the number of squares and the number of bats is 6 − 4 = 2.
(iii) The ratio of the number of balls to the number of bats is 8 : 6.
(iv) What are the objects equal in number?
Answer: Bat and Square
(v) How many more balls are there than the number of bats?
Answer: 2 balls more than
MATHEMATICS ALIVE – STATISTICS IN REAL LIFE