![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Social and Religious Reform Movements in the 19th Century
• The foundation of Brahmo Samaj by Ram mohan Roy and the role played by Maharishi Debendranath Tagore and Keshab Chandra Sen in carrying forward the Brahmo Samaj activities after Roy’s death are discussed.
• The contribution of M.G. Ranade and Prarthana Samaj with which he was associated are examined.
• The attempts made by Arya Samaj under the aegis of Swami Dayanad Saraswati to reform Hinduism as well as to win converts to the Hindu fold are highlighted.
• The radical reformer Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar and his strivings for women’s cause are described.
• The role of Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and his disciple Swami Vivekananda in the transformation of Hinduism is explained.
• The work done by Jyotiba Phule in Maharashtra and IyotheeThassar in Tamilnadu to obtain social justice for the marginalized and the deprived sections of the population is reviewed.
Alleged: stated but not proved ொசல்லப்படும்
Ecstatic: in a state of extreme happiness பபரவசமான
Voluminous: bulky அதிகப பபரிமாணமுள்ள
Reiterated: repeat a statement for emphasis வலியுறுத்துதல
Idolatry: the practice of worshipping idols உருவ வழிபாொடு
Tract: a small booklet சிறு நூல
Revelation: disclosure திருவெளிப்பாடு
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.