![if !IE]> <![endif]>
V. Answer briefly
1. Mention the four articles of faith laid down by Maharishi Debendranath Tagore?
• In the beginning there was nothing. The one supreme being alone existed who created the Universe.
• He alone is the God of Truth, Infinite wisdom, Goodness and Power, eternal, Omnipresent, the One without second.
• Our salvation depends on belief in Him and in His worship in this world and the next.
• Belief consists in loving Him and doing His will.
2. Discuss Mahadev Govind Ranade’s contribution to social reforms.
• M.G. Ranade devoted himself to activities such as inter-caste dining, inter-caste marriage, widow remarriage and improvement of women and depressed classes.
• He founded the Widow Marriage Association, The Poona Sarvajanik Sabha and The Deccan Education Society.
3. Write a note on reforms of Ramalinga Adigal.
• Ramalinga Adigai emphasised the bonds of responsibility and compassion between living beings.
• He showed his compassion and mercy on all living beings including plants. This he called "Jeeva Karunya".
• He established the Samarasa Vedha Sanmarga Sangam in 1865.
• Ramalinga also established a free feeding house for everyone irrespective of caste at Vadalur (1867) in the wake of a terrible famine in South India in 1866.
4. List the social evils eradicated by Brahmo Samaj.
• Child marriage
• Subjucation of women
5. Highlight the work done by Jyotiba Phule for the welfare of the poor and the marginalized.
• Jyothiba Phule opened the first school for "untouchables" in Poona.
• He launched Satyashodak Samaj to stir the non-Brahman masses to self-respect and ambition.
• He opposed child marriage and supported widow remarriage.
• Jyotiba and his wife devoted their lives for the uplift of the depressed classes and women.
• He opened orphanages and homes for the widows.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.