Services Available on the Internet:
• Data Transfer
• Internet banking
• Browsing and Chating
Data transfer is the process of using computing techniques and technologies to transmit or transfer electronic or analog data from one computer node to another. Data is transferred in the form of bits and bytes over a internet digital or analog medium, and the process enables digital or analog communications and its movement between devices. Data transfer is also known as data transmission.
Traditionally, customers used to access banking services through Retail/ corporate branch. But in this digital era Online Banking has taken vital role. The online banking is also called as internet banking, virtual banking or e-banking. This is a value added application to connecting the core banking system and provide the self service bank facilities for customers via online. The Figure 15.5 is the Screen Shot of the login screen of internet banking.
• A bank customer can perform transactional and non-transactional tasks through online banking, including
• Viewing account balances, transactions, statements of customer
• Viewing images of paid cheques, request for cheque books
• Funds transfers between the customer's linked accounts
• Paying third parties, including bill payments and third party fund transfers
• Register utility billers and make bill payments
• Permanent online access for the banking transactions.
• Access anywhere using the application via mobile or computer
• Less time consuming, easy to use and safe
• Customer can manage their funds instantly and accurately
E-commerce application is a transaction of buying or selling good and services through online. Electronic commerce attraction technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems.
E-commerce businesses may also employ some or all of the followings:
• Online shopping web sites for retail sales direct to consumers
• Providing or participating in online market places, which process third-party business-to-consumer or consumer-to-consumer sales
• Business-to-business buying and selling;
• Gathering and using demographic data through web contacts and social media
• Business-to-business (B2B) electronic data interchange
• Marketing to prospective and established customers by e-mail or fax (for example, with newsletters)
• Engaging in pretail for launching new products and services
• Online financial exchanges for currency exchanges or trading purposes.
E-Marketing is the process of marketing a product or service using the internet. It also includes marketing done via e-mail and wireless media. It also called Digital Marketing.
Professionals working in e-marketing must design and implement Internet marketing plans. But they also must have a broad understanding of what makes these plans effective. Those working in e-marketing must be able to carry out many tasks:
• Following business market trends
• Consulting with companies about digital marketing needs
• Resolving issues businesses have in reaching customers oriented problems
• Creating e-marketing objectives for business challenges
• Developing marketing strategies competitive bussiness model.
• Choosing cost-effective marketing methods
• Launching digital marketing campaigns and monitoring results
A learning system based on electronic resources is known as E-learning. The use of computers and the Internet forms the major component of E-learning. The E-learning can also be termed as a network enabled transfer of skills and knowledge and the delivery of education is made to a large number of recipients at the same or different times.
E-governance is the application of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for delivering government services, exchange of information, communication transactions, integration of various stand-alone systems and services between government-to-citizen (G2C), Government-to-business (G2B), Government-to-Government (G2G), Government -to-Employees (G2E) as well as back office processes and interactions within the entire government framework. Through e-governance, government services will be made available to citizens in a convenient, efficient and transparent manner. The three main target groups that can be distinguished in governance concepts are government, citizens and businesses/ interest groups. In e-governance there are no distinct boundaries.
• Government-to-Citizen (customer)
• Aadhaar Card is a 12-digit unique identity number issued to all Indian residents based on their biometric and demographic data.
• Inspector General of Registration portal - Tamil Nadu – www.tnreginet. gov.in used for Land and legal registrations
Online chat refers to any kind of communication via the Internet that offers a real-time transmission of text messages from sender to receiver. The chat messages are generally short in order to enable other participants to respond quickly. Online chat may address point-to-point communications as well as multicast communications from one sender to many receivers and voice and video chat and web conferencing service.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.