Role of Microorganisms in Fermentation
Aim: To know the role of microorganisms in common fermented foods
Equipment needed: Stainless steel bowl lid, mixer, ladle, tawa
Fermentation: Fermentation is a met-abolic process that consumes sugar in the absence of oxygen. The products are organic acids, gases, or alcohol. It occurs in yeast and bacteria, and also in oxy-gen-starved muscle cells, as in the case of lactic acid fermentation.
Foxtail millet : 3 cup
Black gram dhal : 1 cup
Fenugreek seeds : 2 tsp
Salt : as required
Oil : as needed
· Wash and soak foxtail millet, fenu-greek seeds and black gram dhal sep-arately for 5–6 hours.
· Grind separately to a smooth batter.
· Mix the batter with salt.
· Allow it to ferment for 5–6 hours.
· Heat tawa, pour a ladle of dosa batter on the centre and spread it round.
· Drizzle cooking oil and turn it, cook both sides until golden brown.
· Serve with any chutney.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.