![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Preparation of a Traditional Tamilnadu Cuisine
Aim: To know about the preparation of traditional Chettinad cuisine.
Equipment needed: Vessels, kadai, cutter, spoons, cups, mixie/blender.
· The traditional Chettinad dishes mostly used locally available spices like the star anise, pepper, kalpasi and marattimokku.
· Chettinad kitchen is one of the largest and most important places in a Karai-kudi house.
· Traditional meals served by Chettinad style on banana leaves follow a specific protocol.
Chicken : 500g
Onions : 150g
Tomatoes : 100g
Cinnamon : 2g
Cardamom : 1
Cloves : 2g
Cumin seeds : 5g
Curry leaves : 2g
Coriander leaves : 2g
Turmeric powder : 10g
Salt : As required
Onions : 100g
Ginger : 50g
Garlic : 50g
Fennel seeds : 50g
Cumin seeds : 50g
Pepper corns : 25g
Red chillies : 10g
Coconut : 100g
· Grind the ingredients to a paste.
· Clean and cut the chicken into pieces. Marinate the chicken with the paste.
· Chop the tomatoes, coriander leaves and the onions.
· Heat oil and add the cinnamon, carda-mom, cloves and cumin seeds.
· Add the chopped onions and the curry leaves.
· Add the tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes.
· Add the marinated chicken and tur-meric powder.
· Sauté for 10 minutes, sprinkling water at intervals
· Add enough salt, cover with a lid and cook until done. Add more chilli or pepper, if required.
The above recipe can be prepared and sold by the students in the school campus.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.