Preparation of Menu Card
A menu is the first thing customer sees when they come into the restaurant and the last thing they look at before they order. This makes the menu one of the most valuable marketing tools. So the restaurant menu should be prepared attractively.
Simple steps for preparing a menu card are as follows:
· Choose the restaurant’s concept (Kind of cuisine)
· Decide the menu items (minimum 10-12 items)
· Add a few high end or specialty items(choose 2-3 items that are little more expensive).
· Create unique names for the items in the menu (ex: Chicken manchow – Chinese soup).
· Write down the menu items.
· Order the menu in a logical way (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
· Pricing the menu – adjust menu prices to maximize profits, average income of the people in that area and end prices in whole numbers.
· Create a rough draft by looking through different templates, power point and websites.
· Choose a colour scheme that matches the style of the restaurant.
· Select a presentation style that fits with the restaurant’s concept.
· Use a menu template for an easier menu design.
· Take pictures of the food to create an appetizing menu
· Determine how many menu cards needed based on the number of tables.
· Proof read the menu before printing.