![if !IE]> <![endif]>
READ AND UNDERSTAND
A. Answer the following questions.
1. What did Granny say about Hamid’s parents?
Granny said that Hamid's father had gone to earn
money. He added that his mother had gone to Allah to get lovely gifts for
2. Write about Hamid in one or two sentences.
Hamid was four years old. He was thin and poorly
dressed but he was the happiest of all the boys around.
3. How did Hamid’s friends enjoy the games in the fair?
Mahmood bought the toy of a policeman. Mohsin bought a
water- carrier. Noorey got a lawyer. Then they bought sesame seed candy,
gulab-jamuns and halva.
4. What did Hamid buy at the fair? And for whom?
Hamid bought a pair of tongs at the fair for his
5. Why did Granny scold Hamid?
It was almost noon time. Hamid did not buy any
eatables for him but he bought a pair of tongs. So Granny scolded him.
B. Rearrange the jumbled sentences and write them in the correct order.
* But Hamid bought a pair of tongs.
* Granny Ameena felt proud of her grandson.
* Hamid’s friends bought different toys of their choice.
* Hamid proudly compared his tongs with a brave tiger.
* Hamid had less money than his friends.
* Granny Ameena was worried as he had to go to the Eidgah alone.
• Granny Ameena was worried as he had to go to the Eidgah alone.
• Hamid had less money than his friends.
• Hamid’s friends bought different toys of their choice.
• But Hamid bought a pair of tongs
• Hamid proudly compared his tongs with a brave tiger.
• Granny Ameena felt proud of her grandson.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.