Note to the teacher
Determiners are words that are used before a noun. A determiner describes the noun and functions like an adjective.
J. Tick the correct option.
1. There are _____ (✓many/much) apples in the basket.
2. There isn’t _____ (many/much✓) traffic on Sundays.
3. There isn’t ____ (some/ any✓) water in the glass.
4. There aren’t ____ (some/any✓) eggs in the basket.
But there are ____ (much/a few✓) near it.
Answer : 1) many …… a few 2) much 3) any 4) any, a few
K. Fill in the blanks with some/ any/ much/ many. Some options can be used more than once.
1. There is much coffee left in the pot. Do you want?
2. Do you have any coins with you? I need some.
3. She asked me for some magazines, but I could not find any
4. I can’t carry the luggage any more. I need some help.
5. There are many places to visit but we don’t have much time to visit them.