Purpose and Benefits of training:
Purpose of training:
1. To prepare the employee, both new & old to meet the present as well as the changing requirements of the job & the organization.
2. To develop the potentialities of the people for the next level job.
3. To ensure smooth & efficient working of a department.
4. To ensure economical output of required quality.
5. To build up a second line of competent officers & prepare them to occupy more responsible position.
6. To prevent obsolesce.
Benefits of training:
1. Increased productivity
2. Heightened morale
3. Reduced supervision
4. Reduced accidents
5. Increased organizational stability
Resistance to training:
Why do employees resist training?
a. Normally people experience difficulties in learning new skills & knowledge. Hence, they resist training.
b. The employees feel that management will entrust more work or new kinds of work which would require additional skills & knowledge. Hence, employees resist training.
c. Training programme & sessions disturbs the employees from performing the routine duties & tasks.
d. They are expected to learn more difficult activities & unlearn already practised skills.
e. They loose their job authority & are expected to learn like students during their training programme.