Advantages of On the Job Training Methods
On the job training method has the following advantages that can be considered:
Generally most cost-effective
Employees are actually productive Opportunity to learn whilst doing Training alongside real colleagues.
Training can be delivered on time and at the optimum time.
The trainee will have the good opportunities to practice and implement. The trainee will have feedbacks.
Trainee builds confidence by working with own speed and productivity.
Purpose of training
1. To prepare the employee, both new & old to meet the present as well as the changing requirements of the job & the organization.
2. To develop the potentialities of the people for the next level job.
3. To ensure smooth & efficient working of a department.
4. To ensure economical output of required quality.
5. To build up a second line of competent officers & prepare them to occupy more responsible position.
6. To prevent obsolesce.
Benefits of training:
1. Increased productivity
2. Heightened morale
3. Reduced supervision
4. Reduced accidents
5. Increased organizational stability
Resistance to training:
Why do employees resist training?
a. Normally people experience difficulties in learning new skills & knowledge. Hence, they resist training.
b. The employees feel that management will entrust more work or new kinds of work which would require additional skills & knowledge. Hence, employees resist training.
c. Training programme & sessions disturbs the employees from performing the routine duties & tasks.
d. They are expected to learn more difficult activities & unlearn already practised skills.
e. They loose their job authority & are expected to learn like students during their training programme.