Environmental Management (Science)
Points to Remember
· Conservation is a process which is concerned with the use, preservation and proper management of natural resources from destructive activities of human being.
· Conservation of natural resources contributes to the social and economic development of the country.
· Forests of a country constitute a major asset for the people of the country.
· National park is a reserved area for the conservation of entire wildlife including plants and animals.
· Sanctuary is a place reserved exclusively for the use of animals.
· Solar cell is a device that absorbs sunlight and converts it into electric energy.
· Solar water heater does not require electricity, they heat up water directly from sunlight.
· Biogas is produced by the anaerobic decomposition of cow dung.
· The technique of collecting and storing rain water for future purpose is known as rainwater harvesting.
· Unwanted, non-working and outdated electronic products become e-waste.