Anatomy and Plant Physiology
Points to Remember
· Tissue is a group of similar or dissimilar cells, having a common orgin and performing similar functions.
· Plants are capable of synthesizing glucose from CO2 and H2 O in the presence of light, by the process of photosynthesis.
· Light reaction takes place in grana of chloroplast.
· Dark reaction takes place in stroma of chloroplast.
· Respiration involves both external and cellular respiration.
· Aerobic respiration takes place in the presence of oxygen.
· Aerobic respiration occurs in three major steps like Glycolysis, Krebs cycle and Electron transport chain.