Points to Remember:
· Spreadsheet is a very useful office automation tool for organization, analysis and storage of data in a tabular form.
· Daniel Bricklin and Bob Frankston developed the first spreadsheet software called “VisiCalc” in 1979 for Apple II.
· OpenOffice Calc is popular open source spreadsheet application software presently maintained by Apache Foundation.
· A worksheet is a grid of cells with a programmable calculator attached to each cell.
· OpenOffice Calc version 4.1.5 contains a total of 1024 columns and 10,48,576 rows.
· Intersection of every row and column makes a box which is called as “Cell”.
· Cell pointer is a rectangle element which can be moved around the worksheet.
· The cell in which the cell pointer is currently located is known as “Active cell”.
· All formula should start with an equal sign.
· There are four types operators supported by calc.