![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Social Science : Civics
Local self Government
1. Which committee was appointed by the planning commission in 1985.
a) Balwant Rai Mehta
b) Ashok Mehta
c) G V K Rao
d) L M Singhvi
Answer: c) G V K Rao
2. The Uthiramerur stone inscription show evidences of prevelant local self government during the____________ period in Tamil Nadu.
Answer: a) Chola
3. The 73rd and 74th constitutional Amendment Acts, was enacted during the year in ______ .
Answer: a) 1992
4. _________________ act as the inspector of Village Panchayat.
b) District Collector
Answer: b) District Collector
1. Lord Ripon is known as the 'Father of Local Governments'. Answer: Lord Ripon
2. Restoration of Panchayats has become an article of faith during our freedom struggle. Answer: Panchayats
3. Kuda Olai Murai was the name of the secret ballot method exercised to elect members to the village councils during the Chola period Answer: Kuda Olai Murai
4. Local Government which function in villages are called Village Panchayats. Answer: Village Panchayats
5. Executive officer will look after the administration of the Town Panchayat. Answer: Executive officer
1. Zilla Parishad – a. Villages
2. Grama Sabhas – b. Mayor
3. Ward Committees – c. Chairman
4. Panchayat Union – d. District Collector
5. Corporation – e. Municipalities
1. Zilla Parishad – District Collector
2. Grama Sabhas – Villages
3. Ward Committees – Municipalities
4. Panchayat Union – Chairman
5. Corporation – Mayor
1. i. Panchayat Union is formed by grouping of districts.
ii. District Panchayat is constituted in each village.
iii. The Municipal Commissioner will be a person from the Indian Administrative Service (IAS).
iv. In Village Panchayat, the President and ward members are elected by the people.
Answer: (iii) and (iv) are correct.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.