Social Science : Geography
MAN AND ENVIRONMENT
1. All external influences and factors that affect the growth and development of living organisms is __________.
b) Eco system
c) Biotic factors
d) Abiotic factors
Answer : a) Environment
2. The 'World Population Day' is observed on every year.
a) August 11th
b) September 11th
c) July 11th
d) January 11th
Answer : c) July 11th
3 The statistical study of human population is
Answer : a) Demography
4. The extraction of valuable minerals and other geological minerals from the mines, is ____________ .
Answer : c) Mining
5. The Secondary sector of the economy produces ________ from raw materials.
a) Semi finished goods
b) Finished goods
c) Economic goods
d) raw materials
Answer : b) Finished goods
1. Loudspeaker – a. noise pollution
2. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – b. T- shaped settlement
3. Cruciform settlement – c. Earth Summit, 1992
1. Loudspeaker – noise pollution
2. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Earth Summit, 1992
3. Cruciform settlement – T- shaped settlement
1. Assertion(A): Ozone layer in the stratosphere is considered as a protective shield.
Reason(R): It prevents the UV radiation from reaching the earth's surface.
a) A and R are correct and A explains R
b) A and R are correct, but A does not explain R
c) A is incorrect but R is correct
d) Both A and R are incorrect
Answer : a) A and R are correct and A explains R
2. Assertion(A) : In tertiary activities, instead of producing goods by themselves, they are in the process of production.
Reason(R) : People in Tertiary activities are purely eco friendly.
a) Both A and R are incorrect
b) A and R are correct but A does not explain R
c) A is correct and R is incorrect
d) A and R are correct and A explains R
Answer : c) A is correct and R is incorrect