Objectives of Controlling
The main objectives of controlling is to check and ensure the performance of work is in accordance with the plans.
· To make the plans more effective - Managers have to plan properly to measure the progress and get feedback to direct them to do the work effectively.
· To make organisations effective any Organisation needs control for achieving its goals and objectives.
· To help in Decision Making – The ultimate purpose of control is to help managers for taking better decision. Control gives awareness to the managers regarding the problem and give necessary information for making decisions.
· To apply corrective measures– Control helps to find out the deviations from the actual and help to take corrective actions because of this measures mistakes can be prevented.
· To maximize the utilization of resources – Control helps to utilise the men, material and machinery to the maximum to attain the goal and avoid misuse of resources.
· To motivate employees – Controlling helps to motivate the employees and make the employees to work with dedication.
· To fix responsibility – The objective of control is to determine the authorities and fix the responsibilities of the employees regarding their work performance.
· To face the challenging environment - Business environment changes oftenly and the plans must be changed accordingly. This changes can be known with the help of control and necessary changes are made in plans.