Plant Physiology (Functional Organisation)
1. Identify correct match.
1. Die back disease of citrus - (i) Mo
2. Whip tail disease - (ii) Zn
3. Brown heart of turnip - (iii) Cu
4. Little leaf - (iv) B
a. 1 (iii) 2 (ii) 3 (iv) 4 (i)
b. 1 (iii) 2 (i) 3 (iv) 4 (ii)
c. 1 (i) 2 (iii) 3 (ii) 4 (iv)
d. 1 (iii) 2 (iv) 3 (ii) 4 (i)
2. If a plant is provided with all mineral nutrients but, Mn concentration is increased, what will be the deficiency?
a. Mn prevent the uptake of Fe, Mg but not Ca
b. Mn increase the uptake of Fe, Mg and Ca
c. Only increase the uptake of Ca
d. Prevent the uptake Fe, Mg, and Ca
3. The element which is not remobilized?
4. Match the correct combination.
Minerals : Role
A Molybdenum : 1 Chlorophyll
B Zinc : 2 Methionine
C Magnesium : 3 Auxin
D Sulphur : 4 Nitrogenase
a. A-1 B-3 C-4 D-2
b. A-2 B-1 C-3 D-4
c. A-4 B-3 C-1 D-2
d. A-4 B-2 C-1 D-3
5. Identify the correct statement
i. Sulphur is essential for amino acids Cystine and Methionine
ii. Low level of N, K, S and Mo affect the cell division
iii. Non-leguminous plant Alnuswhich contain bacterium Frankia
iv. Denitrification carried out by nitrosomonas and nitrobacter.
a. I, II are correct
b. I, II, III are correct
c. I only correct
d. all are correct
6. The nitrogen is present in the atmosphere in huge amount but higher plants fail to utilize it. Why?
7. Why is that in certain plants deficiency symptoms appear first in younger parts of the plants while in others, they do so in mature organs?
8. Plant A in a nutrient medium shows whiptail disease plant B in a nutrient medium shows a little leaf disease. Identify mineral deficiency of plant A and B?
9. Write the role of nitrogenase enzyme in nitrogen fixation?
10. Explain the insectivorous mode of nutrition in angiosperms?