![if !IE]> <![endif]>
INTRODUCTION TO FOOD
Food is considered as a prime necessity for living beings especially for humans. It supplies energy for activities, maintain and repair tissues and gives protection from diseases. Food is a substance, which after ingestion, digestion and absorption is capable of being utilized by the body for its various functions.
In this lesson, the students will be able to:
· know the evolution of food
· define the term Food
· explain the functions of food and their food groups
· learn about the food pyramid and Eatwell plate
· understand balanced diet
· know the objectives of cooking
· describe the methods of cooking
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.