INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL COMMUNICATION:
Digital modulation : Digital Modulation is defined as changing the amplitude of the carrier signal with respect to the binary information or digital signal.
Bit rate is the number of bits transmitted during one second between the transmitter and receiver.
Baud rate is the rate of change of signal on transmission medium after encoding and modulation have occurred.
Bandwidth efficiency : Bandwidth efficiency is the ratio of the transmission bit rate to the minimum bandwidth required for a particular modulation
Advantages of Digital communications
· It has a better noise immunity
· Repeaters can be used between transmitters and receivers
· It becomes simpler and cheaper as compared to the analog communication
Disadvantages of Digital communications
· It requires a larger channel bandwidth
· Delta modulation needs synchronization incase of synchronous modulation