Inserting tables and charts
To create a table proceed as follows:
1. Position the slide which will contain the table in the workarea. If necessary modify the slide layout in order to reserve the place for the table.
2. If the task pane is already open select Table Design. If the task pane is not visible, select View → Task pane, then select the Table Design task.
3. You can create a table directly by selecting Insert → Table from the main menu: the default style and settings are applied to the newly created table. (Figure 13.20)
4. Select one of the predefined styles. You will be able to change the color scheme.
5. Selecting a style opens the dialog box of Figure 13.21, where you can specify the number of rows and columns.
The table is placed at the center of the slide, but you can move it wherever it is more convenient by selecting it then dragging it in the new position.
When a table is selected, the Table toolbar (Figure 13.22) should be displayed. If necessary, you can open the toolbar using View → Toolbars → Table. By default the toolbar will float, but you can fix it to the side or top of the work area wherever you want.
The Table toolbar contains the majority of the tools you need to manipulate a table.
To delete a table, select it and then press the Delete key on thekeyboard.
To creating a chart using the Insert Chart feature do the following:
1. Select Insert → Chart, or click the Insert Chart icon on the Standard toolbar. A chart appears that has been created using sample data. See Figure 13.23.
2. To enter your own data in the chart, select Chart Data Table by right clicking the chart made with sample data. (Figure 13.24)
3. A table with predefined data’s will be seen. You can change the data as per your need. (Figure 13.25)
4. A wide range of chart types and variations are available. You can choose any chart. (Figure 13.26)
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.