![if !IE]> <![endif]>
DIETITIAN - DUTIES
A dietitian is a person with legally recognized qualification in nutrition and dietetics who applies the science of nutrition to the
feeding and education of groups of people and individuals in health and disease. The duties of a dietitian are as follows.
1. Plans and supervises the preparation of therapeutic diets for individuals or groups in hospitals and institutions.
2. Gives instructions in selection and proper preparation of food according to dietetic principles.
3. Performs duties related to nutrition programmes.
4. Dietitian is responsible for food purchasing on behalf of the organization.
Public health nutritionist
1. Evaluates factors related to nutrition and food problems in the community.
2. Executes nutrition programmes.
3. Participates in nutrition programmes for the community.
4. Act as consultants to food processing and distributing firms or manufacturers of food processing equipment.
1. Plans, develops, controls and evaluates food service systems.
2. Develops short and long range department plans and programmes.
3. Utilises human effort and facilitates resources efficiently and effectively.
4. Establishes and maintains standards of food production and service, sanitation, safety and security.
5. Maintains effective written and verbal communication.
6. Plans, conducts and evaluates orientation and in-service educational programmes.
7. Interprets, evaluates and utilizes current research relating to nutritional care.
8. Develops menu patterns and evaluates client acceptance.
9. Develops specifications for the procurement of food equipment and supplies.
10. Plans layout designs and determines equipment requirements for new food service facilities.
With experience in administrative or clinical dietetic practice, He/She.
1. Evaluates and monitors food service systems to provide nutritionally adequate quality food.
2. Develops budget proposals and recommends procedures for cost control.
3. Plans, organizes and conducts orientation and in-service education programmes for food service.
4. Plans layout design and determines equipment requirements for new food service facilities.
5. Recommends and monitors standards for sanitation, safety and security in food service.
6. Develops menu patterns.
7. Assesses, develops, implements and evaluates nutritional care plans and provides follow up.
8. Develops, uses and evaluates education materials.
9. Provides guidance, and evaluation of the performance of dietetic personnel.
10. Maintains effective verbal and written communication and public relations.
11. Interprets, evaluates and utilises current research relating to nutritional care.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.