Exploring Continents -North America and South America
Students : Good morning madam
Teacher : Good morning students. Did you all enjoy your half yearly exam holidays.
Students : Yes madam
Teacher : Fine. How many continents arethere in the world? Can anyone of
you name them?
Students : Madam there are seven continents. They are North America,
South America, Europe, Asia ,Antarctica, Australia and Africa.
Teacher : Last year, how many continentsyou have studied?
Students : Madam, we studied about two continents. They are Europe and Asia.
Teacher : Ok, this year we will be learning about North America and South America
• To understand the location, boundary and political divisions of North America and South America
• To understand the physical features and drainage
• To understand the climate, natural vegetation and wildlife of the continents
• To discuss the resources, economic activities and cultural mosaic
• To develop the skill of locating places on the map.