* North America is the third largest continent next to Asia and Africa.It is divided into four physical divisions.
* The vast latitudinal extent from the tropics to the Polar Regions makes the climate of North America as varied as that of Asia.
* North America is endowed with a diverse and extensive forest cover. Approximately 30 percentage of the total land area is under forest cover.
* Wheat, Corn (Maize), Oats, Soybean, Barley and many other food crops are grown throughout the vast interior plains of North America.
* North America is the leading producer of Iron Ore, Petroleum, Natural Gas, Copper, Silver, Sulphur, Zinc, Bauxite and Manganese.
* United States of America is known as “Melting Pot” where hundreds of different cultures meet, blend and creating a new culture.
* Next to Asia, Africa and North America South America is the fourth largest country in the World. It is divided into three physical divisions.
* The climate of the continent of South America has been closely influenced by the latitudes, and the proximity of the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.
* There are four main natural vegetation areas of South America and are the Amazon basin (the Selvas), the Eastern Highlands, the Gran Chaco and the slopes of the Andes.
* Wheat, Sugarcane, Maize, coffee, cocoa, sugarcane, banana, cotton etc.,are grown in South American continent.
* South America has many valuable deposits of minerals particularly of iron ore, manganese, petroleum, copper and bauxite.
* Portuguese and Spanish are the primary languages of the South America.
1.Isthmus A narrow stretch of land joining two large land masses நிலச்சந்தி
2 Strait A narrow stretch of water joining two large water bodies நீர்சந்தி
3.Cellulose Obtained from wood Pulp மரக்கூழ்
4. Prairies A temperate grassland of North America பிரெய்ரி புல்வெளி
5. Igloos The specially designed a house by ice இக்லூ (எஸ்கிமமோக்களின்வீடு)
6. The Pacific Ring of Fire These places are subject to great volcanic eruption and earthquake activities பசிபிக் நெருப்பு வெளையம
7. Selvas A tract of land covered by dense equatorial forest in the Amazon basin.
8. Pampas A temperate grassland of South America பாம்பாஸ்
9. 4’o Clock Rain In equatorial regions, convectional rain occurs at 4pm நான்கு மணி மழை
10. Estancias The Breeds raised on large pasture lands செம்மமறி ஆட்டுப் பண்ணை
1. World Geography, Alka Gautham, (2013), Sharda Pustak Bhawan, Allahabad-211002
2. Purnell’s concise Encyclopedia of Geography C.J. Turnney,(1984),Little Hampton Book Services Ltd, UK
3. The World Geography by Time life (1999),USA
4. The illustrated Encyclopedia of Geography, (2005), Pentagon Press, USA
5. A Dictionary of Geography, Mayhew Susan, (2015), Oxford University Press, UK