![if !IE]> <![endif]>
VII. Distinguish between the following
1. Rabi and Kharif crop seasons.
Rabi crop season
• The season is from October to March
• Wheat, Gram, Rapeseeds, Mustard and Barley are cultivated in Northern states
• Rice, Maize, Ragi, Jowar and Groundnut are cultivated in Southern States
Kharif crop season
• The season is from June to September
• Rice, Cotton, Bajra, Maize, Jowar and Tur are cultivated in Northern States
• Rice, Ragi, Maize, Jower and Groundnut are cultivated in Southern States
2. Inundational canal and perennial canal.
• In this type water is taken out directly from the river without making any kind of barrage or dam.
• These canals are useful for the diversion of flood water from the river.
• They are operational only during rainy season.
• Perennial canals are developed from perennial rivers by constructing barrages or dans to regulate the flow of water
• These canals are useful for irrigation.
• Operational throughout the year.
3. Marine fishing and Inland fishing.
• It includes coastal, off-shore and deep sea fishing, mainly on the continental, shelves.
• Fishing is done is saline water.
• In India Kerala leads in marine fishing
• It includes fishing in rivers, canals, reservoirs, ponds, tanks etc.
• Fishing is done in fresh water.
• In India Andhra Pradesh leads in inland fishing
4. Alluvial soils and Black soils.
• Alluvial soil is formed from sediments deposited by streams and rivers.
• Alluvial soil is rich in potash, phosphoric acid, lime and carbon compounds.
• It is poor in Nitrogen.
• It is found in the northern river valleys and plains.
• Crops like rice, wheat, sugarcane and oilseeds are grown.
• Black soil is derived from basalts of Deccan trap.
• It is rich in potash, lime, aluminium and manganese
• It is poor in Nitrogen, Phosphoric acid and humus.
• It is found in Deccan plateau, Malwa plateau and Kathiawar peninsula.
• Crops like cotton, millets, tobacco and sugarcane are grown.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.