![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Difference between CSV and XLS file formats
The difference between Comma-Separated Values (CSV) and eXceL Sheets(XLS) file formats is
1. Excel is a binary file that holds information about all the worksheets in a file, including both content and formatting
2. XLS files can only be read by applications that have been especially written to read their format, and can only be written in the same way.
3. Excel is a spreadsheet that saves files into its own proprietary format viz. xls or xlsx
4. Excel consumes more memory while importingdata
1. CSV format is a plain text format with a series of values separated by commas.
2. CSV can be opened with any text editor inWindowslikenotepad,MSExcel, OpenOffice,etc.
3. CSV is a format for saving tabular information into a delimited text file with extension.csv
4. Importing CSV files can be much faster, and
5. it also consumes less memory
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.