![if !IE]> <![endif]>
CROP PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT
After the completion of this lesson, students will be able to:
* know about agricultural practices.
* understand the basic practices of crop production.
* know about the importance of rotation of crops.
* recognise the importance of seed bank, seed balls and preservation of seeds.
* know about the role of agriculture research institutions IARI, ICAR and KVK.
* list out the importance of bio control methods.
All over the human history, we have been motivated to search and seek food. Green plants make their own food using a process called photosynthesis. Animals and humans cannot make their own food. Thus, humans and animals are directly or indirectly dependent on plants. Energy from the food is used by the organisms for carrying out their various body functions. Plants and animals are the main source of food for all the organisms. In order to provide food for a larger population, production, proper planning, management and distribution of food is needed. But, farmers are faced with the challenge of producing sufficient crops to meet the growing demand while maintaining the quality and quantity of resources for future generations. Agriculture research institutions are developing new technologies to help the farmers to increase productivity both in terms of quality or quantity. In this lesson we are going to learn about agricultural practices, rotation of crops, seeds, bio-fertilisers and the functions of agricultural research institutions.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.